Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Inside Plein Aire?

Artwalk Shop - 11x14 Pastel

Painting demos are common for artists when we set up on our Annual Artists Showcase.  This year, instead of painting from a photo or a work started in my studio at home, I decided to paint something there in the shops, an "inside plein air" if you please. 

Right across from my two panels was the colorful shop, Louis Permiglia, all decked out in string lighting, balloons and some lovely clothing and other items out in front.  Just the thing!  So, I painted it in pastels, finishing the final touches afterwards in my studio. 

A few weeks later, I hung it on a panel in the same Plaza Shops for a second-Friday Artwalk.  One of the first persons to come in and look bought the painting for its happy colors.  A local entrepreneur, she hung it in her office where she spends most of her time.  My painting joined a number of very colorful works by local artists.  What satisfaction that my work is there, making her smile.

No comments: